The closest beaches to the villa that we suggest you to visit are:
– Rethymno (8 km): Organised sandy beach more than 20 km long, stretching from the town of Rethymno in an easterly direction towards the areas of Perivolia, Platanes, Adelianos Kampos, Skaleta. You can find organised spots with sun beds, water sports facilities and beach bars or secluded quiet spots.
– Koumpes beach (6 km): It lies in front of the city entrance. It is not the best beach of the city but it is perfect if you like beaches with not many people around. It has a few organised spots in front of some hotels where you can rent sun beds and order drinks.
– Episkopi (16.7 km): The sea in this area is regarded to be the cleanest and most beautiful on the North coast. Even in the high summer season, you can easily find a secluded spot on your own or a strip with sun beds and parasols, if that is what you prefer. There are several taverns and beach bars directly on the beach which they all are very popular to the locals and they are quite lively during the week-ends.
– Georgioupoli (24 km): With pure sand and clean, shallow waters, Giorgioupolis beach is fully organized with sunbeds, umbrellas, lifeguard and tavernas all around. The highlight of the area is Kournas Lake and the sweet water bursting from various spots on the beach. Do not miss out to have a walk up to Perastikos river, which divides the beach into two. At the point where Perastikos ends up to the sea, the waters are very cool and the vegetation around are unique. Take care of the sea currents and the waves on windy days.
– Panormos (29.2 km): This coastal village is situated 20 km east of Rethymno. It boasts an organised beach as well as a variety of tavernas right by the sea.
– Bali (39.1 km): Nestling in the surrounding mountains of the bay of Bali you will find the coastal village of the same name 34 km east of Rethymno. Visitors may choose from which of the small inlets to enjoy bathing at organised sandy beaches. The area offers a large number of tavernas and shops.
Furthermore, On the South coast of the island you can also discover some of Crete’s most amazing natural beaches such as “Schinaria”, “Damnoni”, “Triopetra”, “Agios Pavlos” and “Preveli”. The distance to the South coast from the villa is about 40 minutes by car and all the above beaches are located near to Plakias village where you can find shops and many taverns.
Crete is a magical island filled with myth and legend, a place to relax the ideal choice for all the family.